New Lawn Business

JLC_LLC

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am located in Warren county, New Jersey, and I am 18 years old. I have been working for years with my dad who is a a great landscaper himself. I started this year with all different kinds of services, put up 100 flyers and I got three weekly lawn accounts, and two or three different landscaping jobs. But next year I plan on focusing on lawn maintenance. How do I advertise efficiently and gain more clients, I plan on using my brother as a partner if I get to busy for myself, so what is the best advertising and best way to gain clients thanks!

JLC_LLC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also how do you guys charge for weed and feeds of lawns? Do you do it free or add on an extra price? I'll really appreciate responses!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

It's always good to see someone with enough ambition to try something new...
Without a doubt the Best advertising is going to be word of mouth... recommendations from existing customers... You don't have a lot now, so concentrate on doing an exceptional job for the ones you have... Your reputation will help OR hurt your growth.

Any extra service you provide is going to cost you extra in chemicals... you will not be able to give it away... at least cover your costs & time... :smile:KennyV

Crawdad

Threads
Also how do you guys charge for weed and feeds of lawns? Do you do it free or add on an extra price? I'll really appreciate responses!

Certification is needed for pesticide apps.

Yes, an herbicide is considered a pesticide.

Lukeslawn

Threads
Hey, they best way to advertise is 1. word of mouth, 2. mailed flyers (explaining what services your providing) 3. facebook fan page. This is how i advertise with my lawn care service, pretty easy to do such and really the only thing that cost money is the mailed flyers everything else you can do for free! Hope this will help :smile: