New Kohler no start

brmoss2654

Forum Newbie
Threads
My less than a year old Kohler Courage XT-7 will not start. I've replaced the air filter, drained all the old gas and replaced it with fresh 89 Octane from the gas station. It runs for a few seconds after using starting fluid but won't keep running! Whassup?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Certain XT-7 with the serial number between 37xxxxx something and 39xxxx something had problems with the needle valve corroding and not opening properly or sticking open and draining all the fuel through the carb. If the serial number is in that range go see your local Kohler dealer for a warranty replacement of the carb.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
That is correct - we have a big box of carbs waiting to get sent back - add a fuel shot off valve in the fuel line - you won't have carb issues if you run the carb dry after each use .

theoldwizard1

Threads
My son picked up a "like new" Ariens mower with a Kohler XT-7 engine and now I know why sometimes it runs and sometime it won't.

Any documentation on the Kohler recall/free replacement carb in case my local dealer wants to argue ?

I would like to add a fuel shut off valve. What size is the fuel line or better where can I buy a valve ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The carb was a fix as fail through normal warranty guidelines. So without an original purchase receipt you may be out of luck for warranty replacement.

theoldwizard1

Threads
I would like to add a fuel shut off valve. What size is the fuel line or better where can I buy a valve ?

Still looking for a shut off valve. Everything I can find is for 1/4" ID fuel line and I know that fuel line is smaller than that.