Export thread

New Hustler Raptor sd 54"

C

chevyred55

Brother inlaw just got it today, he has had a pretty bad stroke afew days back so I guess I'll be taking care of his lawn for awhile.
My first day mowing with it and about an hour into mowing the 4 acres it somehow threw to spring off the idler pully and the belt.
Buddy came over and helped me put it back on and I mowed for 2 more hours. I really like the mower and the cut is excellent
hope this is the only small problem we have with it. Will keep updating review of the machine as I use it more.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Brother inlaw just got it today, he has had a pretty bad stroke afew days back so I guess I'll be taking care of his lawn for awhile.
My first day mowing with it and about an hour into mowing the 4 acres it somehow threw to spring off the idler pully and the belt.
Buddy came over and helped me put it back on and I mowed for 2 more hours. I really like the mower and the cut is excellent
hope this is the only small problem we have with it. Will keep updating review of the machine as I use it more.

That's not the first report of a problem with the pulley tension spring. There is a recall related to the clutch mechanism and my guess is that the idler pulley spring may be related. Check with the dealer where your brother-in-law bought the mower to see if the recall repair was done before delivery.

Ric

Ric

Brother in law just got it today, he has had a pretty bad stroke afew days back so I guess I'll be taking care of his lawn for awhile.
My first day mowing with it and about an hour into mowing the 4 acres it somehow threw to spring off the idler pulley and the belt.

You just need to remember that the Raptor is a relatively new mower and it's going to have it's share of problems for awhile and the people who buy them will have too put up with the problems until Hustler gets the bugs worked out the same way I did with the Turf-master, it had a few problems when I first purchased it and Toro stood behind the mower and fixed all the problems as Hustler will do with theirs.

D

Dothehustle

I bought the Raptor SD 54 last Weekend. I have already mowed the yard +- 2 acres twice with it. I love it make sure that the recall was fixed and you should be good to go. Hope all is well with your brother in law.

C

chevyred55

I bought the Raptor SD 54 last Weekend. I have already mowed the yard +- 2 acres twice with it. I love it make sure that the recall was fixed and you should be good to go. Hope all is well with your brother in law.

Brother in law still not doing real well bad stroke. Mowed the 3.5 acres in two hours ten minutes yesterday and no problems
to report. I like this more alot, especially around the dozen or so trees in his front yard.

How can I find out if the recall work was done since he purchased it at HomeDepot?

djdicetn

djdicetn

Brother in law still not doing real well bad stroke. Mowed the 3.5 acres in two hours ten minutes yesterday and no problems
to report. I like this more alot, especially around the dozen or so trees in his front yard.

How can I find out if the recall work was done since he purchased it at HomeDepot?

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law...we will keep him in our prayers!!! My "guess" would be that Home Depot did not correct the recall and I have read some threads where Raptor SD owners describe seeing several "shims" on the belt/pulley assembly. Maybe another Raptor owner will chime in and give a more detailed description of what to look for.

C

chevyred55

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law...we will keep him in our prayers!!! My "guess" would be that Home Depot did not correct the recall and I have read some threads where Raptor SD owners describe seeing several "shims" on the belt/pulley assembly. Maybe another Raptor owner will chime in and give a more detailed description of what to look for.

Thanks for the prayers he really needs it.

C

chevyrado14

Heres a pic from another thread that shows what the clutch should look like after the recall is corrected.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/hustler-forum/24237-raptor-sd-recall.html#post158126

C

chevyred55

Heres a pic from another thread that shows what the clutch should look like after the recall is corrected.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/hustler-forum/24237-raptor-sd-recall.html#post158126

Talked with Hustler yesterday and they called the local dealer he picked up the mower at 8:30 this morning and said he would have it back to me by 3:00. Recall fix and checkout the intire mower for me, I am impressed since brother-in-law bought from HD.
WAY TO GO HUSTLER

djdicetn

djdicetn

Talked with Hustler yesterday and they called the local dealer he picked up the mower at 8:30 this morning and said he would have it back to me by 3:00. Recall fix and checkout the intire mower for me, I am impressed since brother-in-law bought from HD.
WAY TO GO HUSTLER
I'm impressed, not only with the prompt customer service...but also impressed that the dealer has that kind of relationship with Hustler that he acted so quickly. If I were you, I would make sure to do business with that dealer whenever you need oil filters, etc. I'll never question the Hustler after sale support that's for sure!!!!!!

C

chevyred55

I'm impressed, not only with the prompt customer service...but also impressed that the dealer has that kind of relationship with Hustler that he acted so quickly. If I were you, I would make sure to do business with that dealer whenever you need oil filters, etc. I'll never question the Hustler after sale support that's for sure!!!!!!

Thought I would report back in on dealer picking up mower. He picked it up and said he would have it back by 3:00. After doing recall
and checking out the mower they found it had a vibration. He called Hustler and ordered new parts and called me to let me know it
would take probably two extra days to get parts and fix the vibration. He was very true to his word and I got it back in two days.
I mowed to test it out ran for two hours had no problems. Thanks Hustler and Tony at TSA Equipment in Chickamauga Ga.

T

Tta197

Thought I would report back in on dealer picking up mower. He picked it up and said he would have it back by 3:00. After doing recall
and checking out the mower they found it had a vibration. He called Hustler and ordered new parts and called me to let me know it
would take probably two extra days to get parts and fix the vibration. He was very true to his word and I got it back in two days.
I mowed to test it out ran for two hours had no problems. Thanks Hustler and Tony at TSA Equipment in Chickamauga Ga.

What was vibrating, the deck? What did they replace to fix the vibration?

C

chevyred55

What was vibrating, the deck? What did they replace to fix the vibration?

Not sure what parts they replaced to help the vibration, yes it was deck vibration.

djdicetn

djdicetn

That's great news....it's apparent that once an RSD owner is "made aware of the recall" and "contacts Hustler" all is good because they take great pride in their products and service. I've said all along that the only blemish on Hustler regarding this recall was the owners not being contacted promptly for the repair, not getting the repair done. How is your brother-in-law doing?

C

chevyred55

That's great news....it's apparent that once an RSD owner is "made aware of the recall" and "contacts Hustler" all is good because they take great pride in their products and service. I've said all along that the only blemish on Hustler regarding this recall was the owners not being contacted promptly for the repair, not getting the repair done. How is your brother-in-law doing?

Thanks for asking, still not great , but has improved somewhat.

C

chevyred55

Thanks for asking, still not great , but has improved somewhat.

Been alittle while since I have had time to report any results. I have used the mower 4 times now it has 25.2 hours on it and i'm happy to say no problems. Brother-inlaws yard looks great very smooth mow and I like the machine more and more.