Export thread

New ECHO Chain Saws with Tool-less Chain Tensioning

M

Muhammad

The latest additions to ECHO’s chain saw line-up are the CS-370F and CS-400F. Both of these saws are based on the popular CS-370 and CS-400 but feature the new FasTension™ Tool-less Chain Tensioning System.

Read this article on LawnWorld

wjjones

wjjones

The latest additions to ECHO痴 chain saw line-up are the CS-370F and CS-400F. Both of these saws are based on the popular CS-370 and CS-400 but feature the new FasTension Tool-less Chain Tensioning System.

Read this article on LawnWorld

Thank you for the info Muhammad I plan to buy a new echo saw in the spring.

Ric

Ric

Thank you for the info Muhammad I plan to buy a new echo saw in the spring.

If your planning on buying a chain saw and you want the Tool-less Chain Tensioning better buy Stihl, they had the feather for at least three years or more so theirs is proven. Just another case of Echo playing catch up.

wjjones

wjjones

If your planning on buying a chain saw and you want the Tool-less Chain Tensioning better buy Stihl, they had the feather for at least three years or more so theirs is proven. Just another case of Echo playing catch up.

Thank you for the tip Ric.:thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Dont buy the tool less from either brand i Have The 180c from Stihl it messed up this year (3 years old) but the times before it messed up it worked ok maybe stihl has improved it since i bought it when it first come out :confused3: but Stihl stuff is normally top notch :thumbsup::thumbsup:

G

ghper

My experience with the Stihl "tool less" chain tension is the chain never stays tight.

exotion

exotion

I've never used it but with every new feature there is 3 new things that can break ill stick to using tools :)

I

ILENGINE

Echo has posted there headquarters with anti gun signs, I cannot support a company that chooses to violate my constitutional rights. there are also listed on POSTED as a not carry zone.

Ric

Ric

My experience with the Stihl "tool less" chain tension is the chain never stays tight.

That may or may not be the case but I can tell the chain on my Stihl MS 180 needs the tension adjusted after about every other use. Having to adjust tension on a chain saw blade, any chainsaw is a common thing. A tool-less may just be easier to to do and I agree with ILENGINE I cannot support a company that chooses to violate my constitutional rights.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

That may or may not be the case but I can tell the chain on my Stihl MS 180 needs the tension adjusted after about every other use. Having to adjust tension on a chain saw blade, any chainsaw is a common thing. A tool-less may just be easier to to do and I agree with ILENGINE I cannot support a company that chooses to violate my constitutional rights.

Hope your 180 last longer then mine did I just blow the piston into 500 different pieces (3 years old) but I starting to wonder about bout stihl now :rolleyes::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3:

metz12

metz12

this is why i like husqvarna:thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

Hope your 180 last longer then mine did I just blow the piston into 500 different pieces (3 years old) but I starting to wonder about bout stihl now :rolleyes::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3::confused3:

I've had mine for better than three years and used it for tree trimming, clearing property of fallen trees and such and never had a problem. The thing is the MS 180 is a occasional use saw, if I were to use it more than I do for the occasional tree trim I'd go to a bigger model in the homeowner series, like the MS 251

wjjones

wjjones

Stihl makes a very good saw I actually own a little Poulan saw for around the house stuff, and a 10ft reach electric Poulan pole saw. I have worked on quite a few Stihl saws, and when you see what they are made of you know they are a good saw. I really like the locking fuel, and bar oil caps.

Ric

Ric

Stihl makes a very good saw I actually own a little Poulan saw for around the house stuff, and a 10ft reach electric Poulan pole saw. I have worked on quite a few Stihl saws, and when you see what they are made of you know they are a good saw. I really like the locking fuel, and bar oil caps.

I really like the locking fuel, and bar oil caps as long as they work, but they were really bad before the recall. I still have problems with the things once in a while but I always carry at least two spares in the tool box at all times.