New accounts

SMeis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had a question for the veteran lawn care providers:
What is the best way to gain new accounts when you are in a smaller town with one large lawn service provider?

I have been surprised with the number of spring cleanup jobs I've gotten, and I have taken on more fertilize jobs than I would have expected. However, the year long accounts have, at this point, been elusive.

I have a website, I'm on Facebook, and I'm a member of the towns Chamber of Commerce. Any other suggestions?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a question for the veteran lawn care providers: What is the best way to gain new accounts when you are in a smaller town with one large lawn service provider? I have been surprised with the number of spring cleanup jobs I've gotten, and I have taken on more fertilize jobs than I would have expected. However, the year long accounts have, at this point, been elusive. I have a website, I'm on Facebook, and I'm a member of the towns Chamber of Commerce. Any other suggestions?

We started up in August 2012. We have in the mid 60's in accounts now. They range in size from 14 acres to very small. Most are two week cuts. We have found that Facebook has been by far the best advertising we could find. Probably 98% of the work we have either came as a result of Facebook or word of mouth from somebody we got through Facebook.

In our area we have several buy sell and trade pages on Facebook and that is where I post ads and of course on my page. Mentioning you are a member of the local Chamber of Commerce in the ads seems beneficial. Mentioning you are insured seems to carry weight as well.