Export thread

Need the correct belt

R

Rivets

I am working on a 1973-1975 John Deere tractor and cannot locate the correct deck drive belt. John Deere tractor numbers (C300D---030562M), and deck numbers (HO48L---470385M). I have two belts in hand, one is too short and the other too long. M45254 is 86.3" and M82718 is 90.3". I am looking for the belt which runs from the PTO to the deck. This should be simple, but I am missing something. Owner is refurbishing unit and wants as many OEM parts as possible. He has had the unit since new and the deck came with the unit. Yes, I have tried adjusting both the deck and the mule. Thanks in advance, Rivets.

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

by the parts book, the m45254 is correct, the other one is for the 317 w/48
Is the part number on the belt the same as what's on the sleeve, wouldn't be the first time that were put into the wrong one.

R

Rivets

Yes the numbers match. I know what the parts book says, but it comes up short. I don't know what is wrong, but unless I have something totally screwed up an 86" belt is just too short. I can't see how this setup can change, it's so simple. Deck is pinned in one location and mule goes in a second location. If someone has a service manual with diagrams might help. I have to be missing something really simple.

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

shoot me your email, I have a PDF of the Tech manual you're welcome to

Joe