need some help

jimknife

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just put a bid in on mowing a small apartment complex. Just looking at it should not take longer than about 5-6 hours including weed eating, blowing drive/sidewalks. I have no other yards to mow now. I have a 42 inch Jd lawn tractor. My question is should I try to do this, if I get bid, with Jd or purchase a exmark quest. Not commercial but has bag system already, a demo with full warranty for 3200 otd. The fronts of complex is to be bagged. Help

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
You might not want to start with a new mower if you think you MAY get this job & MIGHT get others... If you do line up enough jobs that you need new equipment to speed the jobs up... that's when you want to start buying....
Have you been in this type business before? Do you think your present equipment will last this contract season?
Did you bid high enough to make this a worthwhile deal? :smile:KennyV

jimknife

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not beginner. Have had a little experience over the years. Planning on retirement January. I priced about $50/hr. Jd should make it this season but concerned about bagging the front of apt. Thought about yard sweeper.

fljsj

Forum Newbie
Threads
be careful most of the time it always take longer than you think . Cars will be in the way and there will always be trash to pickup . Might want to check into some liability insurance most commercial properties
require that . One broke window are wind shield there goes your profit . Not trying to scare you just be careful and good luck hope you get the bid.