Export thread

Need help with engine specs and replacement suggestions

B

billkater

Here is the deal. I have a JD mower with a Briggs engine. It threw a rod and I am in need of replacing. I purchased a second mower/engine (mower was junk but ran great) to swap out engines. Here is the numbers off of both.

JD
303777-1162-E1 ...... 00112311

Second motor
303777-1125-A1 ..... 95021311

I thought that by looking up replacements parts for both they were the same block, crank, ect. But the JD engine has a long shaft (3"+) compared to the second motor (2"+/-).

Am I wrong or are these not the same block/crank by looking at the numbers?

Just a note. The JD was purchased new by my dad. I know the covers are the right ones. The second motor was used but they look like the right covers. (not mismatched colors and such)

Thanks for the help

Bill

I

ILENGINE

1162 type engine has the 692159 crankshaft and the 1125 type number has a 807804 crankshaft

briggs

briggs

that is one of the prob you run into when your looking for a replacement motor the blocks are the same but the use different cranks .I have seen a few different sizes depending on app they make long shaft and short shaft tapered shaft etc

lizard

lizard

Might be cheaper to get a good second hand engine.......all Turn Key!:thumbsup:

B

billkater

Took a part the JD engine today. Broke the following:

• Rod
  • rod cap
  • side of piston
  • block around piston
  • cam shaft
  • marked crank (deep)

So, now I am in the market for a engine again. New or used. PM me if you have one close. I live in Olney, IL