Need help identifying engine on Snapper rear engine

Mow Joe

Threads
yes it will, i have put up to 17hp inteks on them from troy builts, when i needed an engine, i just buy a murray or craftsman riding mower with bad deck and then take the 13 hp & 14hp engines off them to replace a bad engine for the snapper. any intek from 8hp up to 19hp will fit, mount, install, and work on the snapper but you will have to remove the fuel shut off solenoids from the carburetors on them which is a simple and easy thing to do.
I was speaking of the engines from my era, pre 1995. The Intek came along after I was out of the mower business, and I haven't kept up.

keakar

Threads
I was speaking of the engines from my era, pre 1995. The Intek came along after I was out of the mower business, and I haven't kept up.
ya i mean its kinda crazy how they use such a weak wimpy engine on them now but all the newer turtle style mowers had these engines.

the older ones never had anything less then a 10hp on them

used to be 25" deck - 8hp, 28" deck - 10hp, 30" deck - 13hp

now its 28" deck gets that weak 10lbs torque engine and the 33" decks get the 11.5hp inteks

but they completely stopped making the 33" decks in like 2014 so it was almost exclusive they were 28" decks with 10lbs torque engines up to 2019 when they completely stopped making the rer snappers. B&S bought a great company and drove it off a cliff so the greatest small residential mowers ever made IMHO, is no more because they ruined them