Export thread

Need help finding parts to vintage Sears Roebuck power reel mower

J

JimmyJustice

I am restoring a (circa 1954) Sears Roebuck power reel mower. Mfg by Yard Man for Sears, the plate on the mower deck indicates model number 123.8151. The engine is a Briggs and Stratton model number 500.105549 with a serial number 58687.

The guys sharpening the blades just called and indicated that they broke the bolts holding on the cutter bar. I believe these are the ones that also adjust height. Any suggestions on where I can find these bolts as well as any other parts for the mower?

Thank you.

Jim

BlazNT

BlazNT

Need a picture of the bolts.

C

cashman

Yes a picture or drawing of the bolts needed would be a great help. Be sure to include the overall length of the bolt, the length of any shoulders on the bolt, and the thread size and anything else unique to them.

J

JimmyJustice

The bolts are roughly 2" by 1.5" a picture of one is attached. There is one on either side of the mower bar. I had this one welded but I am not sure it will hold. The bolt was pretty rusted through at the break. If I could find a manual for the model 123.8151, then it might have a part number in there for me to use as a search tool. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

JimIMG_4121.jpg

BlazNT

BlazNT

That may be a one of a kind bolt not ever reproduced. I would suggest you get 2 bolts the same size and take them to a machine shop and have them bent into the shape you need.
Sear does not have a manual or part diagram for that model. Out of luck on that too.