Need Help converting Auto choke to primer system.

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
hello my friends i need some help. I have finally run into the stupid Briggs auto choke on a customers mower. I want to do away with it and convert it to the primer system but everywhere i look everybody says they do it but dont mention how. can anyone list what parts ill need or should i aim for a engine to scrap parts from?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
hello my friends i need some help. I have finally run into the stupid Briggs auto choke on a customers mower. I want to do away with it and convert it to the primer system but everywhere i look everybody says they do it but dont mention how. can anyone list what parts ill need or should i aim for a engine to scrap parts from?

Can I ask why you want to change from auto choke to primer.

Yes they have had some problems but now I would say it is working well if set up properly.

If you do want to change then you will need to change carb and possibly the air filter backing plate.

Model, type and code would help.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm winging this. If there is an auto choke it may be operated by a bi metallic coiled spring which respnds to heat to close a butterfly plate. When this happens air is cut down and the intake charge is richened (what a choke does). So maybe the mod is to access the butterfly shaft with a manual cable. Before EPA cars had accelerator pumps to richen mixture when goosing the accelerator (squirt). I doubt tractors have these. But with them a couple jabs of the accelerator was enough to start a cold engine.

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
I just didn't know if i needed anything else besides carb and filter housing. Yes the thermostat is faulty but i want to fix it so i dont have this problem later. The model number is 126T02 0795 B1 i believe.