need help cleaning this carburetor

daqid

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi everyone i have a polutan pro PR550N22SH with a briggs and stratton engine. i have replaced the spark plug and put oil in it and it ran for about 3 hours and just stopped. after doing some searching it seems like i need to clean my carburetor. the problem is i don't have a carburetor bowl and after doing a lot more searching i finally found a tutorial on how to remove my carburetor.

_briggs_carb_assembly.JPG

heres what it looks like after taking the carburetor off the gas tank.
_tank_mount.JPG

and here is the carburetor (i guess)
_diaphragm.JPG
_diaphragm_spring.JPG
_pickup_screen.JPG

now the thing is on other sites and tutorials i've seen there is some kind of a jet screw that i need to clean and i can't seem to find anything like that on mine so i don't know exactly what i'm supposed to be cleaning.

here is the site that help me get the carburetor off.
Removal of Pulsa Prime Carb from Briggs 10L900 Series Engine
Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Briggs and Stratton Tank-mounted Pulsa-Prime Carburetor

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You should be able to find what you need in here, if not you can always come back.

Attachments

• 01_270962SingleCylinderLHead.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

daqid

Forum Newbie
Threads
this is great, i'll read over this and see if i can get it cleaned out. thanks for the fast reply.

daqid

Forum Newbie
Threads
i used the manual and took it completely apart. didn't find anything clogged but i still wiped everything down and put it back in and nothing. i don't understand it just cut off in the middle of cutting grass, i didn't even hit anything. lowes don't carry my air filter but the guy told me that that won't stop my mower from starting and when i put the new spark plug in it started right up. could it be the air filter, it doesn't even look that dirty?

Ifixdit

Threads
i used the manual and took it completely apart. didn't find anything clogged but i still wiped everything down and put it back in and nothing. i don't understand it just cut off in the middle of cutting grass, i didn't even hit anything. lowes don't carry my air filter but the guy told me that that won't stop my mower from starting and when i put the new spark plug in it started right up. could it be the air filter, it doesn't even look that dirty?

In the third picture where the red primer bulb is pointed downward, the diaphragm appears to be bubbled and brittle. If the diaphragm isn't soft and pliable it won't run properly. Take the engine model number to your local small engine shop and they can get you a replacement. Good luck.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sgkent, this thread is 10 years old. I doubt the OP is still working on the carb.

Roy405

Threads
I always use NAPA parts cleaner. Gallon can comes with parts basket. Take carb apart soak in the cleaner. Get a can of compressed air from store. Blow all holes out. Soak in water blow it again.