Export thread

Need help adjusting throttle using tach, does GXV160 have 1 spark per 1 RPM?

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Trying to set my throttle speed, and I picked up a DTI Fast Tach wireless tachometer. I can get it to 2000RPM but any more and engine surges. My tach is set at default to 1 spark per 1 rpm.

J

Jack17

Maybe your Honda has "anti-wasted spark" sensor? If so, then 1 spark per two revs.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Is Robert around? Maybe he can find out for me.

S

SeniorCitizen

Are we now going to be required to learn a third language?

Attachments

robert@honda

robert@honda

Is Robert around? Maybe he can find out for me.

Honda mower engines do indeed have a 'wasted spark' design..configure your tach for a single-cylinder engine and it should be fine. When fitted to a mower chassis, the GXV160 should be dialed in at 3,100 +/-50 RPM

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Honda mower engines do indeed have a 'wasted spark' design..configure your tach for a single-cylinder engine and it should be fine. When fitted to a mower chassis, the GXV160 should be dialed in at 3,100 +/-50 RPM

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-han...&qid=1487181580&sr=8-1&keywords=dti+fast+tach

That is the tach that I got. I can't get it to go past 2000RPM, tach is set by default at 360*, or 1 pulse per 1 revolution, which to me, being at 2000, it seems much faster than that, so I wonder if this tach is bad...

Is it 3100 with blade on and no load or blade on with full load?

robert@honda

robert@honda

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-han...&qid=1487181580&sr=8-1&keywords=dti+fast+tach

That is the tach that I got. I can't get it to go past 2000RPM, tach is set by default at 360*, or 1 pulse per 1 revolution, which to me, being at 2000, it seems much faster than that, so I wonder if this tach is bad...

Is it 3100 with blade on and no load or blade on with full load?

Try setting it @ 180 and see what you get.

3,100 is with the blade engaged.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

Try setting it @ 180 and see what you get.

3,100 is with the blade engaged.

I am going to try testing it on a diff engine tomorrow and see what it says. 180 would be 2 spark per 1 rev