Engine Need a Muffler

Grassbandit

Threads
I need a muffler for my regent hydro 12 model 1692403.
It's part number 1655848. Kinda pricey new, so I'm wondering if anyone has one and would be willing to sell or if you know of other mufflers that can be substituted.
Really appreciate the help.
GrassBandit

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had somewhat the same problem with my Wheel Horse. As for myself I pick up a different used muffler from the salvage yard and adopted it to my tractor. Has been working just find.

thstearns

Threads
I need a muffler for my regent hydro 12 model 1692403.
It's part number 1655848. Kinda pricey new, so I'm wondering if anyone has one and would be willing to sell or if you know of other mufflers that can be substituted.
Really appreciate the help.
GrassBandit

You could try as an engine part. Use the engine make and model number to go into a parts list and find a muffler which will fit your engine, ON YOUR MOWER, which costs less (possibly). Be careful about interference between the mower sheet metal and the proposed muffler position.

Some engines have pipe-threaded exhaust ports which means you can use standard threaded iron pipe and fittings to make up a custom connection to a stock muffler located outside the mower sheet metal.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you still have the old one can't you find someone to weld it for you.

Grassbandit

Threads
The tractor didnt have a muffler on the engine when I got it so I did a little fabrication with a muffler from an ohv engine. That worked for a while and then I mistakenly bent it while offloading from the trailer. So now I'm gonna have to redo the whole thing.
Stores around here don't have the screw in type so in the interim I'll just have to work with the muffler fabbed until i feel like shelling out the cash for the original simplicity model.
Getting parts in the West Indies is tough.