Neccessary to reduce rpm/throttle?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I posted earlier in the thread that The correct way is to move the throttle control lever to approximately the mid throttle position then engage the PTO, then you can advance the throttle lever to operating speed, and that's what the manual says.

So my next question is if the manual is right why then do they use these stupid safety switches that disengage the pto when you move to reverse and activate the pto at full throttle when moving to forward. Does it not hurt as much doing that as engaging the pto when you start mowing? What's the difference?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The "safety" circuit that disengages when going to reverse... is a liability issue that attorneys arrived at for a economical solution to a non existing problem... If it were truly thought out by the engineering department It would include a Decelerator, and then it could really impact the cost of production... as it is, Most of the clutches and associated drive train will last for a while, even with the abuses this 'design Feature' introduces. That is Not to say it is a good practice Or that it is good for the long life of your equipment... :smile:KennyV

Parkmower

Threads
I hate the reverse safety switch!!! Thinkin of modifying it but will prob void the warranty.