Export thread

N/A or Out Of Stock

R

rachadwell

I am working on a Snapper 7800918-00 rear engine rider I need a spindle and steering arm for the R/H side but it seems there are N/A or Out Of Stock if anyone has or knows where I might find these parts I would love to hear from you thanks.

I

ILENGINE

Briggs dealer distribution is showing them as No Longer Available.

R

rachadwell

Thank you IL ENGINE for your reply, it seems that this old mower is just to old to save but will make some scrapper happy.

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Thank you IL ENGINE for your reply, it seems that this old mower is just to old to save but will make some scrapper happy.
With some measuring, research, and modification, you can sometimes make other parts work. Think outside the box if you are determined enough or like a challenge and see if you can fix it.

R

rachadwell

Thank you Tiger Small Engine for your reply, as you said think outside the box and I have done that and I think I have come up with a plan that will revive the old mower and save it from the scrapper.

StarTech

StarTech

Slomo using the site you posted.
1693519233117.png

And as the spindle the OP will have to order individual parts and repair the current spindle assembly.

I

ILENGINE

Slomo using the site you posted.
View attachment 66529

And as the spindle the OP will have to order individual parts and repair the current spindle assembly.
I think he was looking for weldment spindle 11" 7400332BMYP supercede to 7400345BMYP https://www.partstree.com/parts/snapper-7400345bmyp

S

slomo

There is a steering spindle. My bad. Had blade spindle on the mind. Disregard my poor info.

I

ILENGINE

There is a steering spindle. My bad. Had blade spindle on the mind. Disregard my poor info.
Most of the time when people talk spindles they mean blade spindles not steering spindles. just brings to light the confusion caused by using the same name for different parts.

Fish

Fish

First you need to work with the original part number, and then do a search under Snapper. Folks like me get their hands on old inventory from closed mower shops, and sell them on e-bay and such.

Here is a snip of the Snapper category on my e-bay store. Note that I use the original Snapper number, and their updated one with the 70 prefix, I put up both to make more visible in searches.

snapperpage.JPG

Fish

Fish

It looks like the newer Snappers have vastly different part numbers, doing a search of just that one part number, I came up with a few different brands, so that company made the model for different brands, I suppose. Is this what the part you need look like this?

I

ILENGINE

Fish Snapper is owned by Simplicity which is owned by Briggs which also owns Murray aka Briggs and Stratton Power. So that part is used on various models under several different brands and models. MTD does the same thing with Troybilt, Cub Cadet, Yard Machine, Remington,

StarTech

StarTech

I too got side tracked somewhat too it didn't dawn that the OP was looking for the axle spindle. And it is definitely list as NLA.

And it appears that some of the newer Snapper Riders are actually built by Husqvarna or least some of the parts are Husqvarna parts.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

And it appears that some of the newer Snapper Riders are actually built by Husqvarna or least some of the parts are Husqvarna parts.
That will guarantee that all the parts will be NLA.

Fish

Fish

Fish Snapper is owned by Simplicity which is owned by Briggs which also owns Murray aka Briggs and Stratton Power. So that part is used on various models under several different brands and models. MTD does the same thing with Troybilt, Cub Cadet, Yard Machine, Remington,
Yeah, I have been out of the mower repair game for a while. Doesn't look like the support the newer Snappers very well.

I

ILENGINE

Snapper has kind of been the wicked stepchild since they put them in Walmart a few years back made by MTD. Since them they have been made by MTD, Husqvarna, and a couple of other offshore companies with no service or parts network.