MZT 52 first mow.

tom-ky

Threads
Did my first mow with the new MZT 52. Ground is real wet here and had me concerned. Spun out in a couple spots and slid on one bank but overall it did good. Cut my mowing time by about a third, experience will probably improve that some and by no means did I push it speed wise. Ride is better than my old MTD tractor style mower, if I went a lot faster that I did today I think the ride would suffer. I thing I noticed it my arms were not as tired from fighting the steering wheel. Overall I think the cut is good, yard was really uneven in growth, for some reason lots of wild onions in the yard and it did not cut them as low as the grass in a few spots. Seems to have plenty of power when hitting tall stuff.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did my first mow with the new MZT 52. Ground is real wet here and had me concerned. Spun out in a couple spots and slid on one bank but overall it did good. Cut my mowing time by about a third, experience will probably improve that some and by no means did I push it speed wise. Ride is better than my old MTD tractor style mower, if I went a lot faster that I did today I think the ride would suffer. I thing I noticed it my arms were not as tired from fighting the steering wheel. Overall I think the cut is good, yard was really uneven in growth, for some reason lots of wild onions in the yard and it did not cut them as low as the grass in a few spots. Seems to have plenty of power when hitting tall stuff.

Glad to hear you like it. It is a good mower.

I have not found a mower that is good at cutting them dang onions they like to just lay down but they do smell good.

serelaw

Threads
Right on Tom-Ky. You cutting with full throttle. I missed that in the instructions at first.
I had to realise the mower was designed for full bore not 3/4. speed.
What about it guys. We should mow on full throttle right?

tom-ky

Threads
Right on Tom-Ky. You cutting with full throttle. I missed that in the instructions at first.
I had to realise the mower was designed for full bore not 3/4. speed.
What about it guys. We should mow on full throttle right?

Yes I am mowing at full throttle. Got a little concerned with mine after this last mow, after unloaded it off the trailer it smoked bad, made another post on it. Hopefully it is isolated from just hauling it. This second mowing saved even more time, mowed mine in a little over an hour. About 1:45 was the average with the old rider.

husqdiwa14

Forum Newbie
Threads
The dealer told me to always run mine at full throttle when the blades are engaged.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The dealer told me to always run mine at full throttle when the blades are engaged.

All are correct....1/2 to 3/4 throttle to start. Warm up engine for a minute or two to ensure oil is circulating good & then engage blades. Move to full throttle before mowing. 1/2 to 3/4 throttle to disengage PTO, then throttle at lowest setting for a minute or two before shutting off engine(reduces chances of backfire).