My mower is a doorstop . . . .

Stolzy

Forum Newbie
Threads
. . . . . unless I can get a new front wheel assemby.

The front wheel on my Husqvarna 405X automower disintegrated. Not devastating news, but there seems no possibility to get it working again. The part (SKU:589 30 08 02) is out of stock everywhere and backordered at Husqvarna with no date for when , or if, it might come into stock again. I've tried more than 20 individual Husqvarna dealers and none have stock.

I can't really afford to write off £1500 and just buy a new mower, but my lawn is not almost knee high (I've been tryng to get the part for 6 weeks).

Anyone have an idea?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
. . . . . unless I can get a new front wheel assemby.

The front wheel on my Husqvarna 405X automower disintegrated. Not devastating news, but there seems no possibility to get it working again. The part (SKU:589 30 08 02) is out of stock everywhere and backordered at Husqvarna with no date for when , or if, it might come into stock again. I've tried more than 20 individual Husqvarna dealers and none have stock.

I can't really afford to write off £1500 and just buy a new mower, but my lawn is not almost knee high (I've been tryng to get the part for 6 weeks).

Anyone have an idea?
Try to order it aftermarket by cross referencing Husqvarna part number on EBay or Amazon.

Stolzy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try to order it aftermarket by cross referencing Husqvarna part number on EBay or Amazon.
Tried, nothing doing. I don't think it's a part that's ordered often, so not of great interest to the aftermarket manufacturers.

Stolzy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess its just scrap then?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hells bells
It is a f*****g wheel not a control module for a storm shadow missile .
Go to an engineering supply shop
Get a length of nylon rod the same diameter as the wheel, drill a hole in it and set it off to mow
The UK is chockers with small engineering workshops that could turn you up one in under a minute .
Let them know that the wheel is NLA and there could be market for them as Poms are very reluctant to throw any thing out and they may even do yours as a trial for free .