Export thread

My $75 Murray Rear Engine Rider

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

I'm always looking for cheap riders that need work and here's my latest find; I bought this from a friend who couldn't get it going and now it's ready to mow. My TOTAL investment is $75.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I'm always looking for cheap riders that need work and here's my latest find; I bought this from a friend who couldn't get it going and now it's ready to mow. My TOTAL investment is $75.

That is a nice RER.....and cheap!

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

Oops! I meant to start this in the Murray forum. Moderator, please move. :ashamed:

slammed

slammed

That is a nice little mower.

Briana

Briana

Hello BustedKnuckles,

Your thread has been moved to the Murray forum. Welcome!

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

We picked this 12/38 up 2 days ago for only $80. Now is the time to buy boys and girls!

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

We picked this 12/38 up 2 days ago for only $80. Now is the time to buy boys and girls!

It looks like it's in pretty good shape! :thumbsup:

slammed

slammed

nice mower and a good price.

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

I started to "dig" into it tonight and found a clean air filter and clean oil. The carb bowl was sludged up from sitting a reported 3 years so a good cleaning is in need. I had it running a couple of times for a total of about 10 seconds. :laughing: I'll try to post a video of it running once I get it going.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I started to "dig" into it tonight and found a clean air filter and clean oil. The carb bowl was sludged up from sitting a reported 3 years so a good cleaning is in need. I had it running a couple of times for a total of about 10 seconds. :laughing: I'll try to post a video of it running once I get it going.

Well other than the carb needing a cleaning, the air filter and oil is good news! :thumbsup:

jmurray01

jmurray01

I would love to buy and fix up mowers however everybody seems to just scrap their mowers when they break down these days.

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

That's the beauty of it my friend; we live in a throw away society and once something "breaks" most people toss it aside for the next best thing. Unfortunately, the next best thing will be lower quality than what they just tossed out.

That's where I come in. :licking:

I swoop in like Dracula and rip the offending mower from their incapable little hands.

I pretty much cherry pick my buys so I'm lucky to get one a month right now. In the summer, I pretty much had my pick but storage space limited how many I could buy.

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

I wrapped up the carb and fuel line last night but it was too late to fire it off (close neighbors) so hopefully I can put some gas in and start it as soon as time allows.

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

What year are both Murray's?

Anyway, nice find!!!