Mule Belt adjusting help!

craig1980

Threads
Hi All,
I am adjusting the tension on my mule belt for my 60" lazer. Im a little confused because the manual says the bolt needs to be in the center of the aliment holes, than on the next line it says it needs to be on the top of the bottom hole. What is the correct way to adjust it? There is not way the center of the bolt can drop that low. If I follow the manual it also says push the fixed idler pully all the way down the slot. When I do that the spring is almost all the stretched out 1/2" (or less) away from hitting the top of the frame. Can someone help before I ruin an expensive belt???

craig1980

Threads
Wow 90 views and nobody has adjusted their mule belt? Anyway I ended up calling Exmark at 1800-667-5296. Its really quite simple-not sure why the manual makes it so complex. So here is their answer.
The bolt head on the spring loaded pulley needs to be centered between the two aliment holes on the left side of the machine. If its way off its time for a new belt. Adjustment is made by loosening the bolt and moving the fixed pulley on the right up or down. Hope this helps someone!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think everyone was curious as to what a Mule belt was. I am assuming it is the blade belt?

craig1980

Threads
Yes. The mule belt is one of the deck belts. It is the one that is run off the engine. That's what the manual says. I should have been more specific.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have never came across that name, and here in Ky, I have heard some strange ones.