Snow blower MTEFI26 Snowblower and Mower blower problems

jerrieric

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a new EFI 26 7 years ago. So far I had to have the mower blower replaced last summer for $700 because a hole was worn through the casing. Now the snowblower attachment actuator is gone and all I was told that it is an expensive part and they would get back to me. Dealer is seeing if Walker will do something about the cost. I have 240 hours on the mower. Parts seem to wear out prematurely. Anyone else having expensive issues with their mowers? I paid 15k for the setup and love the mower but not the break downs. I had a Gravely for 20 years with a snowblower and mower blower and never had to replace anything. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

jerrieric

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well just forked out $510 for a new actuator. Man this machine costs allot in maintnenace. 7 years 240 total hours and probably 30 or less snowblowing. Love the machine but hate the reliability. :mad:

Threads
Well just forked out $510 for a new actuator. Man this machine costs allot in maintnenace. 7 years 240 total hours and probably 30 or less snowblowing. Love the machine but hate the reliability. :mad:

Wow! :shocked: I never knew some Walker mowers were that unreliable! :confused3:

jerrieric

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow! :shocked: I never knew some Walker mowers were that unreliable! :confused3:

Ok since I bought it new 7 years ago for 15k I have had the tbox go bad on the mower $500 but Walker stepped up and gave the part but still cost me 300, blower unit had a hole worn through the housing cost 698, now the actuator 510. The blower housing was beefed up so the new one is reinforced. But I had a gravely with a blower unit for 20 years and it never wore threw. I would buy another mower but the Walker has not competition except for ExMark. And I am not sure Exmark has the snowblower attachement or high dump options. I bought the Walker with the high dump because I am 64 and did not want to man handle buckets full of grass. Sure has not been a rewarding experience. Oh, and I am just a home owner that cuts my lawn, my neighobor lawn and my daughters lawn. The same lawns next to me that I cut with the Gravely all those years.

Last edited: