MTD/Yard Machine pedal spring replacement

Gumby83

Threads
Model# 13AG601H729
Serial# 1A185H20259

I’m replacing the spring(s) for the forward/reverse drive pedal and need clarification.

Existing spring was bent and there were several other issues that needed attention.

The attached parts diagram shows there are 2 springs, but there was only one spring on the bracket. I can’t find anything to specify where anchor point “G” is supposed to be.

The spring marked with a black arrow (25) is the one that was on the mower - the one marked in with a red arrow (28) is missing and I don’t see where it should be attached.

Is it even necessary or is it a secondary spring depending on the model?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4862.jpeg
    IMG_4862.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 3

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your cut off part of your diagram. G is next to the pedal at the bottom of the same but complete diagram

Gumby83

Threads
Thank you - I cropped the screenshot to make it easier to upload.

I must’ve looked over the whole diagram a half dozen times trying to find point G and it just kept blending in with everything. :geek:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you - I cropped the screenshot to make it easier to upload.

I must’ve looked over the whole diagram a half dozen times trying to find point G and it just kept blending in with everything. :geek:
That is OK, Glad I could assist. What is really bad is when MTD will put a letter on a diagram, and the corresponding letter is on another diagram.

Gumby83

Threads
That is OK, Glad I could assist. What is really bad is when MTD will put a letter on a diagram, and the corresponding letter is on another diagram.
I thought that’s what happened - I checked related diagrams and couldn’t find it either so that’s when I posted.

Thank again.