MS210

JoeDirt

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello i have a stihl ms210 that was running and then was dropped and the rear handle was broken off. before i replaced it i wanted to make sure it still ran. it wont it... has good compression, is getting fuel and also has good spark, i even took the nut off the flywheel to make sure that it didnt jump the key, this thing has me baffeled...cleaned the carb, regapped the coil replaced the plug still has all vital signs but will not run, wont even fire off of eather. i have many other stihl saws witch i run and maintian constantly and have never come across this problem before, can some one please help i rilly dont want to throw it away seing as some a*#hole just stole my to big saws that i dont have the money to replace your help would greatly be appriciated thanks joe

Lawnranger

Threads
Joe, sounds like you checked all the logical areas but as far as fuel goes, what makes you say it's getting fuel? The reason I ask is if the fuel supply line has a crack in it, air will be sucked in and it may reach the carburetor but not actually get past the needle. Empty the fuel tank, fish out the fuel filter and remove it then remove the other end from the carburetor and use a vacuum pump on one end and hold your finger over the other while watching the gauge on the vacuum pump. Wiggle the line a little bit while watching the gauge and see if it holds vacuum. These fuel lines do go bad and a small crack can cause a no-start condition. It's a long shot but just one more area to check.

Did you disassemble the carburetor to see if the diaphragm is hardened? I have to replace diaphragms all the time for family & friends due to the ethanol in the fuel. I know it may be coincidence but if the diaphragm is damaged or hardened the saw will not start.

I have tried ether (aka starting fluid) and had the same results, no pop. I put some pre-mix in a small squirt bottle, squirted some in and it popped - go figure. YMMV

These are just some more ideas to follow up on and hopefully they help you.

Lawnranger