Mowing for Personal use.. Dixie Chopper and Bobcat

platinumaa

Threads
Hello all, newbie to zero turn mowers.. here with a basic question.. searched forums already to see if there was one to match it but didn't find one

I am currently mowing bahia grass in central florida at my house, about 5 acres with a little cub cadet, and sometimes if I don稚 have time to cut the grass gets thick and I have to drive real.. real slow for cub cadet to cut it.. and it typically takes 3-4 hours to mow all 5 acres

I have visited my local lawnmower shop (and couple of landscape friends) and they recommended either the "bobcat fastcat pro" or the "Dixie chopper magnum", both somewhere around 60 decks.

2 questions,

- Does anyone have experience in these 2 that can give me some feedback to help me with my decision
- What till the approx cutting time.. go from 3-4 hours to..?

I appreciate the responses.. thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all, newbie to zero turn mowers.. here with a basic question.. searched forums already to see if there was one to match it but didn't find one

I am currently mowing bahia grass in central florida at my house, about 5 acres with a little cub cadet, and sometimes if I don稚 have time to cut the grass gets thick and I have to drive real.. real slow for cub cadet to cut it.. and it typically takes 3-4 hours to mow all 5 acres

I have visited my local lawnmower shop (and couple of landscape friends) and they recommended either the "bobcat fastcat pro" or the "Dixie chopper magnum", both somewhere around 60 decks.

2 questions,

- Does anyone have experience in these 2 that can give me some feedback to help me with my decision
- What till the approx cutting time.. go from 3-4 hours to..?

I appreciate the responses.. thank you!

No experience, but I consider both as decent ZTR's. 5 acres will need a tough machine to hold up. Personally, from what I've read in forums I would lean towards the Bobcat FasTrak Pro.....a VERY nice ZTR!!!