mowing a football field

zmister11

Threads
Hey guys, one of my friends coaches a youth football team at a county park. The county used to keep up with mowing the whole park including the field. But now they just mow it when it's like two feet tall and the parents are getting mad. So the President of the park is going to be in contact with me for a bid on just the football field. I was thinking $300 a month. Which is roughly $75 a cut give or take how many months are in that month? Do y'all think this is a good amount?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Absolutely, that's a very generous offer & a very good deed for the youth.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure how big the park is but sounds like a cheap price. They outta be pleased that you are willing to help them out like that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey guys, one of my friends coaches a youth football team at a county park. The county used to keep up with mowing the whole park including the field. But now they just mow it when it's like two feet tall and the parents are getting mad. So the President of the park is going to be in contact with me for a bid on just the football field. I was thinking $300 a month. Which is roughly $75 a cut give or take how many months are in that month? Do y'all think this is a good amount?

If your bidding the job that $75 figure for most businesses would be considered by them to be low-balling. However if you want the job I'd say your bid is in the ballpark. No pun intended.:smile:

zmister11

Threads
Thanks everyone. I do want to get it. I think it would be a nice thing to do. And im not to the point where I have 100 accounts yet or anything like that. I'm at about 40. So I have some free days still. So hopefully I can make a little profit

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks everyone. I do want to get it. I think it would be a nice thing to do. And im not to the point where I have 100 accounts yet or anything like that. I'm at about 40. So I have some free days still. So hopefully I can make a little profit

Think of it this way. If you just break even in it , think of the visibility it will give you to hopefully get work.

I have honestly thought of offering to do something like that free just for the recognition.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you are doing just the feild that would only be a few minutes work so $75 is good money or would be for us anyway.

zmister11

Threads
Think of it this way. If you just break even in it , think of the visibility it will give you to hopefully get work.

I have honestly thought of offering to do something like that free just for the recognition.

Yeah that's true! And I'm just a one man crew. So its definitely going to take more then a few minutes lol. But I wouldnt mind

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
30 minutes max, travel time from closest job included. $75 is cheap if you're striping goes with the 10 yard intervals on the field. We've done soccer fields but never football fields. I've since stopped doing anything with our county. Just didn't care for some of our local politics.

zmister11

Threads
30 minutes max, travel time from closest job included. $75 is cheap if you're striping goes with the 10 yard intervals on the field. We've done soccer fields but never football fields. I've since stopped doing anything with our county. Just didn't care for some of our local politics.

Okay thanks! I gave them the bid and I still haven't got a call back. So we'll see. But thanks to you guys I know I definitely shouldn't go cheaper