mower modifacation

chockkicker

Threads
Has anyone ever tried mounting a string trimmer to a zero turn mower deck where it can be used while riding the mower. I ask because I like doing my own yard work but can not walk. I have a Snapper lawn cruiser and a Toro zero turn.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
How would you "bump it" to advance the string? Do you have sufficient strength in your arms to operate a rechargeable trimmer from the mower seat? You could make a carrying bracket like hunters use to carry a rifle on an ATV. Trim 3-4 feet, move the mowerand trim again; that's how I stand and swing my trimmer to maintain control along a chain link fence.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good for you mowing your own lawn. I bet a swivel seat would also be handy

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anyone ever tried mounting a string trimmer to a zero turn mower deck where it can be used while riding the mower. I ask because I like doing my own yard work but can not walk. I have a Snapper lawn cruiser and a Toro zero turn.

Yes they make a weed or string trimmer that mounts to a ZTR or tractor either one. There not cheap but they do the job that you want.

4M INC. or String Trimmer Mounts on Mower Deck - Z-trimmer || Iowa Lake Sales

The Z-trimmer is not a brush cutter! It will not trim thick stemmed weeds. Speed when trimming will be reduced from normal mowing speed. Features

• Super easy line replacement
  • Comes with extra supply of pre-cut replacement line
  • Trim or edge with 140 degree pivoting head
  • Torsion spring mounted so it bends out of way if obstacle is hit
  • No heavy handheld trimmer to carry around
  • Trim as you go. No need for a second operation
  • The Z-trimmer is not a brush cutter! It will not trim thick stemmed weeds. Speed when trimming will be reduced from normal mowing speed
* Requires minimum 9 amp charging system.
ztrimmer.jpg

The Z-Trimmer can be adapted to virtually any mower deck. Price: $299.95 Shipping $40.00
Motor

• Electric DC w/sealed cap*
  • Circuit Breaker switch
  • Operating range 10-30 Amps
Cutting Head

• 20" reach
  • 140 degree pivot (trim or edge)
  • Cast Aluminum
  • .105 Line
  • Pre-cut lengths