Mower deck Mower deck will not disengage!

gerardoconnor

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I turn my mower on the blade engages and wont stop. Whether I pull the clutch to disengage the blades or not it makes no difference. When I turn the mower off, I can hear the clicking each time I pull the clutch up and down to disengage and engage the blade, so I don't think the switch is bad. Any ideas?

KSeaAngel

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I turn my mower on the blade engages and wont stop. Whether I pull the clutch to disengage the blades or not it makes no difference. When I turn the mower off, I can hear the clicking each time I pull the clutch up and down to disengage and engage the blade, so I don't think the switch is bad. Any ideas?

I am having the same problem. The blades engage upon starting the motor. The seat safety doesn't cut the blades. With the e-break on, trying to disengage the blades kills the motor. With the e-break off, I can put the blades on run or kill and they will not disengage. There doesn't appear to be any burned or disconnected wires aside from the one that leads to inside the seat. I've been searching high and low for an answer... Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?