Mower cover

jb2c

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone make a nice looking cover for a small riding mower? I have a place at the beach, but very limited storage with all that I have down there already. I'm debating on buying a small rider or a self propelled. If I get the self propelled, then no problem with storage. But even a small rider would be difficult to store. I'm wondering if I could just put a piece of treated plywood (painted to blend in, of course) on the ground and buy a nice looking cover and store it outside. I have a corner that it would fit in nicely. The small mower I'm considering is a John Deere GX85, so a John Deere cover would be ideal.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes JD make a cover , funny enough, it is green with yellow sides.
However that might also be an invitation to those who do not respect others property.
BBQ covers tend to be more robust than mower covers as do motorcycle covers.
The latter are really good as many of them are vented .

jb2c

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. We don't have too much trouble with theft in my area, so I believe I'd be OK with the JD cover. So long as it fits and looks nice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fit will depend ow yo secure the cover.I use occy straps, bungee cord, whatever you call them , stretched on a pole so I can get it under the mower easy.