Motor stops like key was turned off

Bdent

Forum Newbie
Threads
Air cleaner indicates it is a FD750D 27hp, the sticker on valve cover shows it MFG date of 07/05, engine family KAXS, 745N4CA. It is in my 2008 Simplicity Legacy Mini Tractor with 1k hrs I am the 2nd owner, It has run fine for me the whole 100+ hrs I have had it. I've Goggled till I can’t Goggle anymore. I was going to change the coils next but I do not think both would quit working at the same time. When it quits running it's like the key was turned off. It will run for 10 minutes when cold, (runs great), let it sit for 5 minutes restart and runs for a couple minutes. It will die at full throttle with the blades engaged and when just trying to baby it back to the garage. I've done all prelems, Vent on gas cap (even ran it loose) new fuel filter (clear with fuel flow), new pump (working to carb) new battery (all connections are clean) (I haven't check the engine ground I guess that's next but does not make sense about it restarting right away). New plugs (looking good but only have 20+ minutes on them. Oil and filter newer (10 hrs) and level good. Someone please HELP. I've got 7 acres of 12" high grass and weeds to mow. I am posting this on the Kawasaki thread as well.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, please only post on one site. More than one gets very confusing. Second, go purchase an inline spark tester. Next time it quits insert the tester and check to see if you have spark on both cylinders. No spark, coils are either hot shorting or have a hot open. If you have spark, we’ve narrowed it down to probable fuel problem.