Model 126M02-6675-F2

CaseysCorner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Day Gents,:licking:

I have a strange question to ask, I am rebuilding this motor for my kids lawn mower. I cleaned every part did a valve job ,etc...
But when I went to assemble the motor and align the timing gears and the valves The piston set 1/4 inch below the block surface every Briggs motor I ever took apart the piston was flush with the block housing. My question is that the correct the piston should be on that motor ?????( At TDC the piston set below the block)

Please and help would be really helpful.:confused2::confused2::confused2:

I added some pic for clarity, The timing is set at TDC but the piston is setting 1/4 lower than the block.

Is this normal . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0747 (2).JPG
    IMG_0747 (2).JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Timing mark location may not correspond with piston location. Are you saying that if you turn the engine the piston doesn't come all the way up to the top of the cylinder. Or are just saying with the timing marks aligned with each other the piston isn't all the way up.

CaseysCorner

Forum Newbie
Threads
YES you got IT The timing marks line up but the piston is not all the way up . Its is approx. 1/4 below the head surface. Is that normal for that motor.

And thank you for responding.

CaseysCorner

Forum Newbie
Threads
The piston functions properly, \When you align the timing marks the piston set down 1/4inch.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Its fine. The piston is sitting about 18 degrees BTDC which is about where it would fire the plug. Piston position isn't a good indicator to go by. You are over thinking it.

CaseysCorner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank You What a relief LOL I been told that before; over thinking simple things, Have a Great Day !!

Thanks Again