Minimun Charge

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do any of you guys have a minimum amount you charge for repairs? Local JD dealer charges $100.00. Co-op $80.00. Trying to decide what to charge.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
For me it really depended on what was wrong with the equipment. Simple spark plug got charged a lot less than a more involved troubleshooting case. I have always billed on a sliding scale.

But due my IRS problems my customers are going to enjoy some special pricing this year so the IRS gets no tax money. I am tire of them refusing to get things straighten out and get my refunds to me. Instead they want is for me to keep sending more money. It is not happening this year. The IRS has been so advised. When they decide to get their act together than I go back to my standard billing practice.

Just did a repair where the cylinder head was billed at cost and the four hours of labor was done at $0.00 /hr.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because I have no intention of working up a sweat all day long, I tend to take my time so I charge schedules service fee , which as every one knows is only valid for brand new warranty serviceses but it works for me.After that I charge $ 20 for fitting customers parts, per part some times if I am shitty
So a spindle bearing replacement is a fixe $ 40 including bearings or $ 60 if you supply your own and no warranty .
Min call out is 1/2 hour
Small stuff is fixed price so $15 + parts for changing blades