Metal clank from 2042LS

Donalds25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need help!!! I have a 2042LS - it sounds like to me at idle, full throttle, blades engaged, or still that a bolt is in the top of the block at the fan getting slung around. Like metal clanking. Once every 5-10 seconds. Can’t be a rod or something major because it’s not consistent right? Anyway I’ve done a complete service, taken the cover off and looked in the fan and can’t find anything loose or something jammed in there. When the sound happens sometimes it’s worse than others and the RPMs drop so I figure something is getting jammed in the fan. Can anyone steer me to a part or where to look if this has happened to them. Briggs and Stratton motor.

Bertrrr

Threads
Well if it comes and goes it's not a major part like crankshaft / rod etc. BC that sort of problem will not come and go
The fact that it's not constant is hard to pin point. Post a couple of pics maybe so we can get a better idea of what you're hearing - Does it sound like it's at the top of the machine ? All you'll have up there is a flywheel and the coil which is evidently working fine or it wouldn't run at all.
There may be a deflector up there to make the governor respond and possibly a guard to keep out debris etc.
Not real familiar with this exact model so pics maybe will help