MCGHS loosing power over thicker grass

hardaway1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a walker MCGHS, I believe it is a early 90痴 model a year ago I bought from a friend for 700 bucks to just cut my personal lawn, it has had 2 MC-16hp engines in it and the second, I took in to get overhauled. They reboored the cylinder and actually increased the size of the cylinder and rod as well. The motor has been running great, but im not sure if the problem I am having has to do with the motor or something else. The yard I cut, for the most part is just thin weeds, but some areas are pretty thick, and the mower is having a significant amount of trouble in these thicker areas. (when I say 奏hick? I mean no thicker than any usual lawn, not thick at all for a walker mower) . Every time I get into a thick patch of grass I have to SLOW down to almost a stop, sometimes it will die. This mower was in OK shape i.e. the underside of the deck is a little mangled up and some of the 層alls that seem to direct the grass into the tunnel are a little messed up but nothing worse than when I first got it, the blower looks fine, just a little old, the suction seems good, and all the gear boxes are ok, one of them has a small leak, but I keep it lubed with the ridiculously expensive Peerless gear oil. It has new blades and I know they are on the correct sides. Other than that, there is nothing else that I can think of that would make it have trouble in thicker grass. This has only been a problem for the past couple weeks, before this, it has been working fine.

Agriffin1983

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just happens to mine, 04 mtl-efi. Turned out to be the PTO gearbox slowing down and locking up. Was a $350 fix for me as long as the PTO pulley comes off