Export thread

McCulloch FR56 parts

D

deminin

I have a couple of old McCulloch FR56 trimmers, that I bought over 15 years ago. They run great, and I use one for trimming the tall weeds at the edge of the property, and the other I keep a saw blade on for cutting saplings, etc. However, I cannot find a source for parts for these old rascals. I am especially interested in getting new air filters for them...I have washed the foam filters several times, and they are getting "past their prime". Does anyone know of a parts source for these. I am tempted to just buy some foam, and cut some pieces to fit...if I can't find the real thing.

D

deminin

Thanks for the parts breakdowns....Even though this old FR56 isn't shown, it looks like MCC uses this same air filter on most of its bigger trimmers. A little searching indicates that the correct PN is 224239...or now that MTD seems to have taken over McCulloch, their PN is MC22423900. This is just a simple 2"X2" foam filter, and I found a couple of parts sites that sell them for under $3...think I'll order 2 or 3, and that should keep me going for years.

BTW...it appears that there are also a couple of these for sale on EBAY...for $10. I guess those sellers figure that since the part is hard to find, they will get the "max".

M

mechanic mark

Absolutely true.

S

Sparescentral

Absolutely true.

That is correct a lot of these parts are manufactured by the Chinese and they never stay the same, we are continually haveing people come to us at sparescentral for strang parts

B

bertsmobile1

Not meaning to be pedantic, but as things stay in cyber space forever,
Didn't Husqvarna end up with McCulloch worldwie ?

I

ILENGINE

Husqvarna purchased McCulloch a few years ago, and supplied parts for about 4 years before closing down the entire line. I haven't been able to get OEM McCulloch parts for about 5 years now as a dealer.