Export thread

manual for john deere 160

G

gallow48

looking for a repair manual for a old john deere 160 any help appreciated ,free if possible.

L

Lenebaby49

I am restoring a John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor that was given to me. This will be my first time trying a project like this. I took the mower apart but I forgot where some of the parts go, since it's been so long since I first started on it. This is an unusual project for a female but I'm going to try it any way. So if there is anyone out there that can help me I would appreciate it a lot. :biggrin:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This? :confused: Make sure it's the correct one. John deere 160 service manual - free eBooks download

BBO

BBO

looking for a repair manual for a old john deere 160

John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Publications Search

These will not be free but you can Google the part numbers to find something cheaper possibly.

Also go here.
John Deere - Parts Catalog

Type in "160" and then select section 2055 down in the list.
From there you can go to various sections to see the JD part numbers with drawings.
These pages can be printed if you need to and this is all free.

BBO

BBO

My computer gives me a warning about this site and I have never used it, let us know if it is for real.:eek:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

My computer gives me a warning about this site and I have never used it, let us know if it is for real.:eek:

Yeah I was hesitant to download it...I would just go with your link! :thumbsup:

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

I have a PDF of the Deere tech manual you both are welcome to, shoot me your email

Joe

C

cgersic

I have a PDF of the Deere tech manual you both are welcome to, shoot me your email

Joe

Hi Joe! I am in need of this manual if you still have it? My email is cgersic@msn.com. Thanks!

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

done

L

lhagan

Any way you could send me a copy of the John Deere Service Manual as well, JoeM? I have an old 160 that we bought with our house and we know nothing about taking care of it. My email is lhagan@live.com

C

calhu

Hi Joe,

any way you could send the manual to me too? I really appreciate it .

-Ben

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

Hi Joe,

any way you could send the manual to me too? I really appreciate it .

-Ben

need your email to send to

Joe

NorthBama

NorthBama

I hate to ask but could you please help me out with a 160 manual. Jms180@knology.net

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

on the way

NorthBama

NorthBama

Thank you so much have a great day

A

amiee.at.holmes

Hope you found what you were looking for. If not, try John Deere parts online. After we acquired our new (used) mower, we needed manuals and part references. That site has pretty much everything you'd ever need. Just click on the "Click to Locate Part" image under step one, then enter your model. You'll get a ton of results for manuals and common parts that go along with it.

M

mrstan

Any way you could send me a copy of the John Deere Service Manual as well, JoeM? I have an old 160 that we bought with our house and we know nothing about taking care of it. My email is lhagan@live.com

Can I get a copy of this service manual as well? Thanks guys!

mrstan@hotmail.com

Is this the TM2328?

mrstan:wink:

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

no, it's TM1351, for the models 130,160,165,175,182,& 185

the TM2328 fits machines a lot newer, for models:

155C
190C

M

mrstan

no, it's TM1351, for the models 130,160,165,175,182,& 185

the TM2328 fits machines a lot newer, for models:

155C
190C

Mine is a 115 automatic. Do you have this manual? (TM2328)

thanks!
Stan

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

sorry, I do not

T

Tmadsen1983

Joe

Joe, I'm not sure if you have this manual still, but if you do, you would save my life. Todd.madsen@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Todd

M

mrstan

Joe, I'm not sure if you have this manual still, but if you do, you would save my life. Todd.madsen@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Todd

mrstan@hotmail.com

thanks so much for doing that Joe!!

Stan

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

done

J

jbrockman

Joe

Hi Joe,
I too would like to have the PDF of the Deere 160 tech manual. My email is: jbrockman333@gmail.com.
Appreciatively,
John

B

bulge1944

Joe

Joe,

Could you please email me the manual for the 160 as well?

Many Thanks in advance,

bulge1944@comcast.net

S

skohler

Joe,

If you still have this manual, could you send it to skohler@gmail.com? I recently acquired this mower and have been looking for a manual.

Thanks!
Scott

K

KSU Wildcats

Just purchased a JD 160. Was wondering if someone could email me the service manual and user manual for this model that would be great, Thanks! My email is huebnersa@gmail.com

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

done

K

KSU Wildcats

Joe thank you so much, it is greatly appreciated!

A

alcetus

Could I get a copy of the manual for a model 160 too please. Thank you in advance.
Email alcetus@yahoo.com

Boobala

Boobala

looking for a repair manual for a old john deere 160 any help appreciated ,free if possible.

IT seems your manual was recently posted on the JOHN DEERE Forum on THIS SITE
goto John Deere Forum it was posted by member (mechanicmark)

A

alcetus

Thank you. I searched Mechanicmark and found it.

N

Nick in Palatka

Hi Joe. I too caould use a copy of the John Deere 160 manual. I am at palatkaclerk@yahoo.com. I had a 160 given me by my neighbor. Thanks!

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

done

T

tapinkham

Hi Joe,

You seem to be the go to guy for JD 160 manuals! I'm looking for a service manual.
I've had my 160 since the mid eighties. It's getting a little long in the tooth so I bought
a parts 160.
I have two complete 160s and will have many duplicate parts. I thought this group might
appreciate the opportunity to get parts cheap.
Not sure what I can get rid of or how much time I want to spend.
I'm in the process of swapping out the decks...
Thus the need for a manual or maybe a clue as to where to find part sources with blow ups.
Thanks for all the help you provide to this group!
Tim Pinkham
tapinkham@hotmail.com

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

link sent

V

vixentd

Any chance of getting one sent to
vixentd@gmail.com

Much appreciated.

T

tapinkham

Thanks for all the info!
...now can anyone tell me how to pull the clutch off? I'm assuming I need to remove the big bolt in the center but
the whole shaft just spins.
Had to pay somebody to mow my lawn today. Sheesh. :(

Tim

Hans-CGN

Hans-CGN

Hi everyone -
maybe it´s a good idea to have not only the repair manual, because JD has spared out therein all informations about the motors from Kawasaki.

For all aircooled Kawa-Motors in the 100-Line during the 80th from JD there is a special repair-manual, called CTM-5, a bit thick (531 pages, 32 MB PDF), but I have it and can send it :biggrin:

The manual refers to the motorcodes =>

FA130/210 D and V
FG150
FZ340
FC290V, FC400V, FC420V, FC540V
FE290 all
FB460V

Has anyone the parts-list for JD160-185? I know about the website from JD, but its good to have it offline in the own stock ...

greetings from germany

Hans

Hans-CGN

Hans-CGN

Hi Folks -

in addition to the repair manual for JD 160-185 (TM1351) there is existing a OPERATORS manual, a short description (around 70 pages) called OM-M78999 from June 88.
It´s only for the types 170, 175, 180 and 185 Lawn Tractors (Serial No. 595,001 and the following) ... but the 160 is basicly identical, only the 5-speed-transmission is different.

Want to have? No prob ... 7 MB space, self scanned from original.

greetings from germany

Hans

T

TracBen

Hello, I too have a John Deere 160 that I would like to get the PDF for the technical service manual please.
The link in the earlier email trail was flagged as being suspicious. Thanks.

R

RjMaan

A friend of mine told me that there is a well-known Repair Loader site which is offering all the manuals of lawn mowers. You can also get the John Deere 160 Repair Manual from their. These guys are really working hard to provide the good service to all those who need the John Deere Service Manuals.

T

TracBen

Hello, I too have a John Deere 160 that I would like to get the PDF for the technical service manual please.
The link in the earlier email trail was flagged as being suspicious. Thanks.[/QU

Thank you for writing back on my question and providing an option! Joe M from this forum wrote me with a PDF of the manual for my mower so good to go. Thanks again!

R

rs_bartlett

I recently got a John Deere 160 was wondering if Joe M still has the PDF of the service manual for it. My email address is rs_bartlett@yahoo.com.

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

on the way

A

Andrzej

on the way

One more please if you are still giving them out.
andrewfryc@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

B

bobtom0

I would also like a copy of both the owners/operators and technical manuals for the JD 160 Lawn Tractor. Thanks in advance!

P

Pocff

Hello, are you able to email me the 160 John Deere manual? It would be greatly appreciated. codyriggan@hotmail.com

Scottiedgreat

Scottiedgreat

Please send me the pdf if you have it. Scottdgarcia@gmail.com

G

gregpeeler

Joe
I am looking for the manual to a John Deere 160 w/ 38' deck....I just recently bought this mower and its like to ones my Dad use to mow with. Please let me know if you can provide me a manual to this model.. around a 1988 model.....Greg

X

xray man

on the way
I would do some service sometimes on x-ray eqpt and if there wasn't much to it I wouldn't charge the customer anything. A lady that worked for us told me I'll probably die broke but there will be lot of people at your funeral.
??? Yours is gonna be standing room only....

ekim207

ekim207

Hey Joe,
Could I get the service manual for the JD 160? Thanks!

michaelkellett@gmail.com

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

sent

J

Jwacgb

Hey JoeM, if your still giving the manual out for the JD160, I would greatly appreciate it. Email is jwacgb@gmail.com

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

sent

J

Jwacgb

Thank you very much. Now if I could just figure out why this mower refuses to crank up.

Willis McAngus

Willis McAngus

Hi Joe
Sorry to bother you, I was wondering if I’d be able to get a copy of the 160 shop manual also? Much appreciated. My email is willis00@hotmail.ca

alexands

alexands

Hi Joe,

Any chance I could get the manual? steve.alexander at gmail dot com

Thanks,
Steve

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

done

alexands

alexands

Thanks Joe! Much appreciated.

kbowley

kbowley

Hi Just bought an LT160 Hydro and would really appreciate it if you could take the time to send me a copy. My email is kbowley@comcast.net

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

the manual I have is for the model 160, the "LT"160 is a newer model that I don't have manuals for

J

jD16088

Hello Everyone Joe do you still have the manual on the john deere 160 ?
my email is offroadjeeps86@gmail.com thanks Bill

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

on the way

M

Mowermaid

Joe
Hello Joe, I would like the manual too

M

Mowermaid

Joe
Hello Joe, my email is jkeeping@gmx.de. I would really appreciate the manual. Thankyou

M

Mowermaid

Hi Folks -

in addition to the repair manual for JD 160-185 (TM1351) there is existing a OPERATORS manual, a short description (around 70 pages) called OM-M78999 from June 88.
It´s only for the types 170, 175, 180 and 185 Lawn Tractors (Serial No. 595,001 and the following) ... but the 160 is basicly identical, only the 5-speed-transmission is different.

Want to have? No prob ... 7 MB space, self scanned from original.

greetings from germany

Hans
Sehr gerne Hans, meine Email ist jkeeping@gmx.de. Grüße von Königswinter
Jane

JoeM(GA)

JoeM(GA)

manual link sent,

the correct owners manual (serial number dependent) can be downloaded for free at -
Deere manuals download

J

jeffhau

Joe, If you still have the JD 160 manual, could you send a copy to jeffhausladen@gmail.com?

Thanks!