M-ZT 61 & Dixon DX 161

bckskin2

Threads
How do they compare? Assuming both have the Kaw engine?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Read reviews on both by going to google and also compare specs. for each, all specs., this will give you the information you need as well as reading posts in this forum.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
How do they compare? Assuming both have the Kaw engine?

Husqvarna purchased Dixon a few years back and the first thing they did was integrate some of the Ultra & DX series Dixons into their lineup under the M-ZT series. These two mowers are almost identical, with some minor differences and I would recommend that you go with the one that you can get the best price on. You won't be disappointed with either machine!!!!

MRCo.

Threads
How did your demo with the Ultra 52 go? I'm trying to decide about pulling the trigger on one myself. I'd appreciate your feedback. thanks!

Dixon is being discontinued by Husqvarna....so you should be able to argue down the price quite well. Parts availability would be ok due to the cross with the Husqy units.

bckskin2

Threads
How did your demo with the Ultra 52 go? I'm trying to decide about pulling the trigger on one myself. I'd appreciate your feedback. thanks!

I bought it and have used it at least once a week since. My only complaint is I tend to leave skid marks and that is an operator problem.

liftfilms

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought it and have used it at least once a week since. My only complaint is I tend to leave skid marks and that is an operator problem.

good to hear. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying for the mower? If you don't wan to say, I understand. I appreciate your feedback.

bckskin2

Threads
good to hear. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying for the mower? If you don't wan to say, I understand. I appreciate your feedback.

My mind is going so I will have to look it up. I remember it was less than M-ZT-61 from Lowes. Around $4,000.00.