LX 277 started but wont start now!!!

CG4OU

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

Im new to the JD world.
I have a 2000 LX 277 48C Front wheel steer. 17HP FH500V Kawasaki engine.
Just bought it ran with a surge in the engine and had bead gas it sat for a while bought it for a good deal. Got it home drove it around for a bit. Let it sit for about 2 hours and then it turns over and will not start. so I took the tank off cleaned it out had really bad gas so cleaned out the filter, carb, and the pump put new gas in. Thought it was gonna work .....nope The pump is pumping gas the electric gas stopper is working. I even pressurized the tank with a small amount of air to get fuel to the intake and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. :confused2:

Nwatson99

Threads
I would put new plugs in it as well, the old ones might be fouled out.
So when you cleaned out everything did you make sure the lines were good and clean, also if the gas was really that bad I would have changed the filter to a new one.

CG4OU

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok
I put an entire new fuel system and plugs on it and still nothing. But im happy to say when I got to working on it last night I took the valve covers off only to find a bent push rod. I straightened it the best I could got the lifter free and moving again then...... Bam fired right up. Thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

CG4OU

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry it wasn't the lifter that was stuck it was the valve. Really gummed up.

Nwatson99

Threads
Sorry it wasn't the lifter that was stuck it was the valve. Really gummed up.

Oh really was there E85 fuel in that machine or what?

10569cole

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you try starting fluid into carb? sounds like you did everything else.
Hello all,

Im new to the JD world.
I have a 2000 LX 277 48C Front wheel steer. 17HP FH500V Kawasaki engine.
Just bought it ran with a surge in the engine and had bead gas it sat for a while bought it for a good deal. Got it home drove it around for a bit. Let it sit for about 2 hours and then it turns over and will not start. so I took the tank off cleaned it out had really bad gas so cleaned out the filter, carb, and the pump put new gas in. Thought it was gonna work .....nope The pump is pumping gas the electric gas stopper is working. I even pressurized the tank with a small amount of air to get fuel to the intake and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. :confused2: