Lt160 carburetor question

Samoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower won't run well unless the choke is on. I started removing the carburetor to clean it and the electrical wire to the solenoid broke. Can I replace this part alone and if so, how? Single mom and need some help please.

Mikel1

Threads
Where did it break at?

Samoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Right where it connects to the solenoid. The wire looked frayed when I started to remove it. Could this be why it wouldn't run right?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
My mower won't run well unless the choke is on. I started removing the carburetor to clean it and the electrical wire to the solenoid broke. Can I replace this part alone and if so, how? Single mom and need some help please.

I am having a similar problem (LX277). I cleaned carb it repeated problem.
I gravity feed gas down into the fuel pump and it started and ran well.
I have ordered a new fuel pump. less than 10 bucks on ebay
I just went and started it after it sat a day and it started perfectly and ran without the choke...the gas is still feeding in from above from a small lawn mower tank taped to a 1 by 4 clamped to the bumper. It has a 1/4 inch hose going into the fuel pump and the line that was there has a bolt in it to prevent any gas leaking out.

The solenoid tip can be filed down a 1/4 inch as a last resort, if the wire can not be attacked. Or you could find a short bolt of the same size (metric) and especially length of thread...then use the washer with it to hold the bowl on.

That solenoid prevents backfiring I believe, it is not essential except that the plunger blocks off the fuel when the solenoid is not energized...thus the filing it down.

If it is just the tip on the wire and not the part on the solenoid, you can get a new spade connector at an auto parts place.

Last edited:

Mikel1

Threads
Is their a connector at the fuel solenoid to unplug the wiring?

Samoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is a picture of where it broke...

Attachments

• IMG_3133.jpg
    IMG_3133.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3134.jpg
    IMG_3134.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 8

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will need a new solenoid unless you might be able to solder a wire onto the broken terminal.