LT155 CV15S Surging (I know it's common)

Partsguy19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

I picked up a LT155 dirt cheap in very good condition. Problem is it hadn't been run in about 6 years. Long story short, I got it running but of course it was surging very bad at full throttle and wouldn't idle. For the record, drained the tank, replaced fuel filter (twice) and a couple of lines.

I took the carb off and cleaned the snot out of it.. Looks new. Got it running again and played with the adjustments and all of a sudden started running smooth. Took it down to idle, adjusted idle, and everything was working good. Went back to full throttle and surging again but worse than before. Pull it down to lower rpm or idle and it fine. So the idle circuit seems to be working but wide open is surging. I'm thinking I got another piece of junk stuck in there someplace. With that said, I'm going to tear it apart again. I did blow the fuel line out before I reassembled.

Questions.. The air mixture screw has a black plastic limiter on it. You can only turn it maybe a 1/2 turn. Can I take that off to get more adjustment and what's the easiest way to get it off? 2nd, any other suggestions about this surging?

Oh.. and I do have some Seafoam mixed in with the fresh gas.

macguy59

Threads
Sounds more like a governor issue.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you can get it to run fine a idle, I suspect that your problem is with the high speed circuit in the carb. My suggestion is to have the carb ultrasonically cleaned and install a carb rebuild kit.