LT1046 was just running, tried to engage mower which didn’t happen, next - Cadet did nothing

Rocked

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / LT1046 was just running, tried to engage mower which didn’t happen, next - Cadet did nothing
Not starting - FYI- PTO was replaced 4 years ago and has been good ever since. Started my LT1046 today, let it run for a bit, pulled the PTO to cut the grass and nothing happened. Turned mower off to check things and now I get nothing.
No digital display, no click to start, doesn’t start - acting like PTO engaged which it’s not or like park brake isn‘t engaged, which it was. Didn’t check battery or plugs as it was just running. Any ideas!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / LT1046 was just running, tried to engage mower which didn’t happen, next - Cadet did nothing
Locate your manual & see troubleshooting Section above.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not starting - FYI- PTO was replaced 4 years ago and has been good ever since. Started my LT1046 today, let it run for a bit, pulled the PTO to cut the grass and nothing happened. Turned mower off to check things and now I get nothing.
No digital display, no click to start, doesn’t start - acting like PTO engaged which it’s not or like park brake isn‘t engaged, which it was. Didn’t check battery or plugs as it was just running. Any ideas!
No electricals at all indicate a dead battery, bad battery connections ( both of them ) or blown fuse
1) check the fuse
2) run jumper from battery - to the engine & try again ( tell us what happened )
3 run jumper from battery + to solenoid battery terminal ( tell us what happened )
4) run jumper from battery - to engine & + to starter + bolt ( tell us what happened )
5) do the same using you car / truck battery ( tell us what happened )

Forest#2

Threads
AND on some of them CC's 1046's they did their best to hide the fuse.

Awhile back I had to remove the battery tray and on the left side by the frame under lots of dirt was the fuse. Had to find it with flash light and also the fuse holder was rusted and corroded and no extra wire length for installing new fuse holder. Even knowing that the fuse was in that area it was like looking for an easter egg and had to pull the fuse with pair of needle nose pliers. Worked for probably close to an hour jacking up the 1046 removing the left rear wheel getting into the wiring harness, and splicing/soldering in some extension wires for the new fuse holder.
The starter solenoid is also under the battery box.
Could not get both hands arms into the battery tray area to work. After the wire loom harness plastic clips was cut loose from the left side frame area behind and forward of the rear tire the wiring harness had very little slack.
Reminded me of some of Ford motor company's bright ideas.

Have you checked the fuse????

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just replaced the fuse holder on a LTX1050KH mower. I did it while the mower was still on the customer trailer. Never remove the LH rear wheel. Just un-clipped the harness. Unbolted the starter solenoid, and of course removed the battery cables. Pull the harness out in front LH rear, Repaired the harness adding a new fuse holder and fuse. Re-taped the harness and re-installed it. Now of course I got the fuse holder, terminals, wire, and terminal splices. It was more of a pain to rebuild the deck which also had to done but I had to unload the mower to remove the deck.

It was $5 in parts to repair the harness. a lot better than buying the harness at $181 retail.

The fuse and holder is probably in the same place. On the inside LH frame by the LH rear wheel.

Rocked

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for suggestions. Had to leave for two days. Will try things out & post update soon.