LT1042: swallowed up hammock strap, PTO won't engage

Michael_WI_Greenfield

Forum Newbie
Threads
So it looks like what I need to repair is not the connection I shared a photo of, but the connection going left up toward the OEM knob. I haven't fully taken apart the tape there yet.

In the photo I posted, the wires are just twisted together. Sounds like I need to butt crimp them

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
the two wire nut connections need to be properly fixed. They are not water tight connections, and will fail, if one or both haven't already.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
the two wire nut connections need to be properly fixed. They are not water tight connections, and will fail, if one or both haven't already.
That was what I was trying to relay. Mowers bouncing around the yard, most sit outside in the rain and snow. Wire nuts are a joke. This is soft copper wire you are trying to connect together.

Best way is solder and heat shrink with the Marine Grade weather sealing adhesive inside the heat shrink.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the clutch has a plug in connection on the clutch then buy a new pigtail and fit is using all of the wire
When wires are ripped out they often break in several places inside the insulation and / or pull strands out of the crimp
all of which cause reoccurring failures .