LT1042 rear bagger keeps clogging

Irontrader

Forum Newbie
Threads
For years I've had problems with the rear bagger chute getting plugged especially in the Spring when the grass is really growing.

I've gotten in the habit of holding my left hand back by the bagger to see if I can feel the air movement, which is good when I start.
However after a few loops, I'll notice less and less air flow and know that's my clue to stop and unplug the lower section of the grass chute.

It helps if I go real slow in heavy grass, but it still isn't a solution as it still clogs.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem and found a good cure or some way to minimize the clogs?

I'm wondering if I need special high lift blades which move more air to keep it from clogging?

Tempted to get a pull behind grass catcher with its own motor. One of my neighbors has something like that but I don't know if he has any clogging problems or not.
Plus the tow behind bagger really would only work good in the larger areas.

Deerlane

Threads
Even with bagger blades, this time of the year the grass is to wet and heavy. They will plug up.

Max Headroom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have always found that cutting more often (shorter cuts) reduces/eliminates the clogging issue. I mow on a weekly basis, sometimes twice a week dependent on growth. It takes me less than an hour to mow & bag our .89 acre yard. Prior to marriage, my wife would take 3.5 hours to mow and bag the same yard. The extra time was due to clogging and more frequent unloading because she would go 3 to 5 weeks between cuttings.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And try to mow as late in the afternoon as possible.
Not only is this better for the grass, but it will be drier and less likely to jamb.