Export thread

Low rpm blade engage on Exmart 19hp Kawasaki

K

KPC

I think I damaged my engine while putting too much load on it when engaging my blades. I was moving forward and didn't have my throttle up. The blades engaged, but the engine began to run rough and blow smoke, then died. Now it will barely start, blows smoke then dies. I think I damaged a valve or something worse. Any thoughts ?? Please

I

ILENGINE

The low rpm blade engagement didn't damage your engine. Most likely what was going wrong would of happened any way. What is the model number of your engine, and what color is the smoke.

K

KPC

Hey, Thanks for responding. The model is FH580V . Only 150 hours on it. It acts like it's flooding , heavy white smoke. Maybe a carburetor issue ??? It just seemed to happen when I engage the blades, probably coincidence.

K

KPC

Also, there appears to be fuel in my crankcase. What The:

I

ILENGINE

That narrows it down to either the float valve not sealing or the fuel pump is leaking into the crankcase.

K

KPC

That narrows it down to either the float valve not sealing or the fuel pump is leaking into the crankcase.

Thanks so much. I'm going with the stuck float. Ordered a rebuild kit. Thanks again for you help. KC