Export thread

loose deck problem

Jack Hamner

Jack Hamner

I just got ready to step off my Ferris IS 2100Z and when I stepped on the mower deck it was unstable and when I push on it it rocks up and down freely rather than being in a stable position. What have I broken?

M

mechanic mark

Enter your model & serial numbers from your machine then go to illustrated parts breakdown & look for mower deck supports, hangers, etc.

Jack Hamner

Jack Hamner

Thank you--I have the operator's manual, but it isn't much help. I will try your suggestion. I'm not quite sure what happened--I didn't hit anything, and the mower still moves, PTO still works, etc. Sounds like some kind of deck hanger may have broken, but I'm certainly no expert--that's why I'm here! Thanks again for your help!

Mower King

Mower King

I just got ready to step off my Ferris IS 2100Z and when I stepped on the mower deck it was unstable and when I push on it it rocks up and down freely rather than being in a stable position. What have I broken?
On a Ferris IS2100Z, the front deck hangers are attached to the Independent suspension arms and If you're not on a level surface and one of the suspension arms are raised up a little bit, it does that......so when you go over a bump or very uneven ground, the deck stays mowing level instead of raising up like a fixed position mower. Check it on a level surface and if it still does that, the deck will need to be leveled.

Jack Hamner

Jack Hamner

Thank you very much--I will check that.

Jack Hamner

Jack Hamner

Deck seems to have fixed itself! It is once again stable and firm, although other than raising and lowering it several times, I have done nothing to it--may have been a stick jammed up underneath it or something

Mower King

Mower King

Deck seems to have fixed itself! It is once again stable and firm, although other than raising and lowering it several times, I have done nothing to it--may have been a stick jammed up underneath it or something
That's a good report....Ferris mowers are TOP of the line !