looking to upgrade to a honda HRS216SDA

jakewells

Threads
Went to a local dealer browsing and i found one in my price range because money is tight and i want a decent mower tired of hand me down crap. Just wanting a basic side discharge/mulching mower i found this beauty.

Two models are available one is just a regular push mower and the other is single speed rwd what struck me as odd was the dual blade set up looks like it would mean business in my yard.

The price range is is different between the two but i like the self propelled better since my yard is not exactly level. 389.00 plus tax for this model seems fair a lot of mower for the money.So how good is the GCV190 engine and how good does this mower mulch.

Attachments

• HRS216SDA HONDA.jpg
    HRS216SDA HONDA.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 3

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The HRS models use the GCV160 engine, not the GCV190. The 30cc difference in displacement is not a big deal; the 160 engine has plenty of power to spin the blade and run the gearbox just fine. The same GCV160 is also used on the nicer HRR-series mowers and runs on them okay, even though they are heavier and more complex.

Like all Honda mowers, the HRS series has a full 3-year warranty (homeowner). It comes standard with a high-lift blade, but you can swap it out for a pair of mulching blades if you wish. The HRS models have been in production for a while now, and they are a proven design and steady seller for Honda. They are the perfect "no frills" 100% genuine Honda mower that's not only value priced, but very lightweight and easy to move around.

You can download a digital copy (.PDF file) of the most current HRS216SDA owner's manual here:
HRS216SDA owner's manual

More details about the features & benefits of both the push and single-speed HRS models are here:
HRS216 Details Link

Threads
I think the Honda HRS would serve you well. I would go with the self-propelled one. Like robert@honda said, they have the GCV160 engine....not 190. I have a HRR with the 160 cc engine, it is good. I also have a mower with the 190 cc engine, and that is more powerful, but unless you want to spend $700 on a mower that is out of the question. I have never used the HRS, but I would expect it to mulch well, because most Hondas do. Post some pics of the mower if and when you get it! :smile:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
This thread was moved to the Honda forum. :smile: