Looking to get troy-bilt tb110

natefg2

Threads
I know most folks on here are using higher priced/ grade gear but I am looking to get a tb110 for my yard and the lowes site has really good reviews but then on a google search i found on consumer reports, or something similar, nothing but unhappy people with lowes and troy-bilt products. I am just curious as to what the opinion is on this particular model and brand. I read mtd bought them out or builds their lower tier models since some time back. From what I can tell it looks about the same as anything else on the market in that price range..

Irrivirsible

Threads
I have been considering a Troy-Bilt and also a Cub Cadet basic push mower. Don't get any responses on here for these. Consumer Reports surveyed more than 32,800 people and Troy-Bilt is ranked second behind Honda for push mowers and also self propelled push mowers for brand reliability. You can find bad comments about anything online. People have made videos online about Toro's not starting. I have seen bad comments about Honda 160cc engines. There can be problems with any product and some people have preferences such as Chevy vs Ford.

Choosing between that and the well reviewed Husqvarna with the big rear wheels and the honda engine, I would choose the Troy-Bilt from the hands on I had with both of them in the store. I have a small, flat lawn and anything I buy should last for years. When I was younger I bought cheaper mowers than them and still had them for years. There is no doubt in my mind if I buy one of them and take care of it with proper maintenance that I will have it many years.

natefg2

Threads
Yeah this mower isn't fancy enough for this site I guess haha. Right now I have a basic weedeater, small wheel mower. It works but the deck is flimsy and because of the wheels gets a bit tough to move along. I'm going to pick up the troybilt here soon. Thanks for the reply.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Contrary to what people want to believe, Troy-bilt, Bolens, White, Cub Cadet, Yardman, Yard Machine, most Murray, some Craftsman, and a few others are all made by MTD. maybe some minor differences in deck metal thickness, and a few other features, but they are all the same.

natefg2

Threads
well I went ahead and picked it up a week ago. It's an upgrade from what I was using and left a good cut on the yard. It rolls smooth, not too heavy and the handle has very little up and down play. The blade felt really sharp compared to the new aftermarket blade I put on my old mower. I like the rake feature on the front as it seemed to help cut the tall weed wisps I have in spots. Before I would have to go over them 2-3 times because they would just get run over flat and not cut. Now I might have to back over them but not nearly as much as I did. I starts first pull. For $200 I'm happy so far. We'll see about longevity.