Export thread

Looking to buy a new rider

B

Buneta

Looking to buy a new rider, have a 1 acre up hill yard. Which is better automatic or manual? Looking for something will good reviews & is reliable. What would you reccommend?

M

Mr. Paul

how much money do you want to spend?

D

dnjsyl

i would recommend a manual tranny if you r going to go up hills a bit

I

indypower

And make sure you get 1 that has a pressure lube engine.

Ric

Ric

Looking to buy a new rider, have a 1 acre up hill yard. Which is better automatic or manual? Looking for something will good reviews & is reliable. What would you reccommend?

I think it depends on how much money you're willing to spend. My personal preference would be the manual transmission and I also prefer a wide area walk behind mower for hills and slopes over the rider.

bradcash

bradcash

For 15 yrs I have used a 46" at home and a 42" at work. The 46" can reach under bushes much better and you can set the extra width, in my case, on railroad tie edges that you don't know the stability. Also 46 can reach under fences. I think probably 42s outsell 46s maybe 5 to one but the 46 is better.

S

stanley

A manual with good tires. If you want something that will last, be prepare to spend at least a grand. I would go with the most popular brand on the market.