Looking for service manual for Craftsman riding mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Looking for service manual for Craftsman riding mower.
What the SM is referring to the stamp steel rockers are sealed with RTV and the plastic rocker cover are seal with o-ring gasket; not both.

Kohler update to the stamp steel and RTV to try to reduce leakage but even then sometime they revert back to the CV plastic covers as a last resort.

I currently have a CV23/25 that is leaking oil and it is not the rocker cover or the head gasket but appears to a crack in the oil return port. Awaiting the customer to bring in a head donor engine to see if it resolves the problem. I will have to wait until I pull the head as if it is a CV23 or CV25; no decals on the engine.

Zedo

Threads
  • / Looking for service manual for Craftsman riding mower.
What the SM is referring to the stamp steel rockers are sealed with RTV and the plastic rocker cover are seal with o-ring gasket; not both.

Kohler update to the stamp steel and RTV to try to reduce leakage but even then sometime they revert back to the CV plastic covers as a last resort.

I currently have a CV23/25 that is leaking oil and it is not the rocker cover or the head gasket but appears to a crack in the oil return port. Awaiting the customer to bring in a head donor engine to see if it resolves the problem. I will have to wait until I pull the head as if it is a CV23 or CV25; no decals on the engine.
Thank you, I'm weighing all options at this point.