Looking for padded cover for 12" JD lawn tractor steering wheel

JEHunter

Threads
  • / Looking for padded cover for 12" JD lawn tractor steering wheel
My hand arthritis is getting so bad that my doctor has suggested using a padded cover on my car's steering wheel. Sounds good. Even better would be one for my 150 series lawn tractor's steering wheel. Nothing on Amazon or doing a general Google search. Local Deere dealer says never heard of one. Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Measure the diameter of the steering wheel then get a generic cover for that diameter wheel .
Go to a hard wear shop and get some foam pipe insulation , slit it lengthways then push it over the wheel & secure with plant ties.
Go to a sports store and get some tennis racquet or golf club grip tape & wrap the wheel with that
Find a dissability support store / assisted living store and see what they have that could be used.
If you have bad arthritis you will find a host of things there to make your life a lot less painful from cuttelry slip ons to can openers to key extenders.
It can be a life changing experience.
It took me 3 years to drag dad down to one but once he was there he would not leave, bought box loads of stuff that made a big difference to his life
The long off set back scrubber was his most favourite item and he had a left & right hand pair eventually. After that the yard tap handle covers meant he could turn the taps on & off again.

JEHunter

Threads
I'll keep looking for a generic cover but think your idea of golf club grip tape may actually be the way to go. As to your other suggestions, I will be trying them. There's no disability support store close to me but I bet Amazon will have something. Thanks for the help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'll keep looking for a generic cover but think your idea of golf club grip tape may actually be the way to go. As to your other suggestions, I will be trying them. There's no disability support store close to me but I bet Amazon will have something. Thanks for the help.
Do a direct search for dissability support or assisted living supplies retail Political Correctness Police get upset with dissability .
Expect to be flooded with adult nappy supplies but hidden some where will be a direct link to the shops or associations
They are not mass sales so I would be surprised to find them on Amazon