Export thread

Looking for a faster walk behind lawnmower

M

mfigueroa1112

Hello there, a year ago I got this Husqvarna HU 725 AWD, I love the machine, is super powerful but since new found that it was a little slow for the way I walk, I wonder if somebody can tell me if there is something faster or if I can do something to my machine, Thanks.

W

WyrTwister

Wait a few years , the mower will speed up ! :)

God bless
Wyr

F

Finist

Try to lubricate the wheels)

zman111666

zman111666

Looking at the diagram at http://www.ereplacementparts.com/hu...-lawn-mower-parts-c-114486_118261_275679.html, you would have to find smaller pulleys to put on the axle shafts, and a slightly shorter drive belt. There doesn't seem to be a practical way to make the engine pulley bigger, as it is a part of a larger adapter. You could also maybe take the engine speed up a tiny bit, but I wouldn't go much above 3,000 RPM.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Honda's HRR and HRX series are about as fast as it gets.

Mike88se

Mike88se

Wait a few years , the mower will speed up ! :)

God bless
Wyr
hehehe

Hello there, a year ago I got this Husqvarna HU 725 AWD, I love the machine, is super powerful but since new found that it was a little slow for the way I walk, I wonder if somebody can tell me if there is something faster or if I can do something to my machine, Thanks.
My Honda HRX and my Toro Timemaster will both go faster than I will. If you'd had it longer than a year I'd suggest adjusting the drive cable but I don't think you've had it long enough to stretch the cable. Maybe it wasn't adjusted properly when the mower was assembled?

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

All of the Husqvarnas I've worked on are slow, as are the Husqvarna-built Craftsmans. They just aren't designed to go as fast as some of the others on the market.

Mike, your TimeMaster is approximately 31.1 percent faster than the Husqvarna in question (as per manufacturer specs.)

W

WyrTwister

I have a Poulan & a Craftsman . Both built by Husqvarna .

Last time I cut the front yard , the Poulan wanted to go faster than I did , :-(

That probably has something to do with arthritis . :-(

As I said , as the years go by , they speed up .

Wyr
God bless

Ronno6

Ronno6

Toro has some variable speed walk behinds, but I do not know haw fast they can go.
I remember seeing TV commercials for walk behinds that sense how fast you want to go and adjust accordingly,
but I am unsure of the manufacturer....

J

JBrzoz00

I have an HRX217 and it's nice and quick.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Get a straight push mower. Then you can go as fast as you like.

D

DK35vince

Toro has some variable speed walk behinds, but I do not know haw fast they can go.
I remember seeing TV commercials for walk behinds that sense how fast you want to go and adjust accordingly,
but I am unsure of the manufacturer....
Toro personal pace.
I have one, walk faster and it matches my pace.
Works really well too.

jekjr

jekjr

I have two Toro Time Master mowers. They are 30" and will walk about 4 mph. If you can keep up with one of them for long you are in pretty good shape. They do an awesome job.